Thursday, July 2, 2009

Youth Fast


As part of our service work here in California we worked with the School of Lost Borders on the Youth Vision Fast.  Gigi, Win and Will served as the guides of the rite of passage, and the rest of us had the opportunity to apprentice.  I anticipated that the time would be challenging for me, the leadership style of the School is very different than my prior experiences.  I slipped right into it, finding my way, deeply appreciating the space held by the guides and the youths' ability to show up and participate fully with the ceremony.

I am inspired by the questions they youth faced, and how they are reflected by the questions of our world at this time.  How do we find the courage to do work that will support peaceful healing on this planet?

I am so blessed to be part of this community, exploring this question through partnership with organizations that are living their answers.  Together, YES WE CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment